This training has been designed to guide participants on the conformity requirements of the Cannabis Authenticity and Purity Standard (CAPS), Issue 1.0. This includes the development and implementation of an authenticity and identity management system (AIMS), in which good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and good agricultural practices (GAPs) are documented, verifiable, validated, and proven to be effective.
The course has 12 modules that cover the core requirements for obtaining and maintaining site certification to CAPS-Basic (GMP/GAP only).
Format: This training is interactive. It is text-based with video and includes in-course activities.
Duration: eLearning approx. 3-4 hours
Language: English Text, Closed Captions and Audio
Access Expiry: You will have 3 months of access to this training before it expires.
Award: Certificate of Achievement
By the completion of this training you should be able to:
- Describe the key purpose of the Cannabis Authenticity and Purity Standard
- Define the keys terms and abbreviations used in the CAPS
- Describe the process for managing documents that form part of the AIMS
- List the responsibilities and function of the AIMS Team and team leader
- Recognise the difference between internal and external audit requirements
- Recall different operational controls and how conformance may be demonstrated
- Outline key CAPS-Basic testing and sampling requirements
- Determine suitable supplier and infrastructure monitoring, deviation, validation and verification procedures
- Identify key components of the preventive control plan, product defence system and product fraud vulnerability assessment
- Demonstrate an understanding of correctly using Purity-IQ and CAPS-certified owned and registered logos
- Recall different site and certification body responsibilities relating to obtaining and maintaining CAPS-Basic certification
A Certificate of Achievement will be provided electronically after you have completed the training and the final knowledge assessment.
The criteria to earn a Certificate of Achievement and corresponding CEUs for this training includes:
- Completing each of the course modules, activities and final assessment
- Achieving a pass mark of 75% or more on the final knowledge assessment
A training transcript will be available to access from within the Purity-IQ learning management system.
This training is suitable for those responsible for the implementation and management of the Cannabis Authenticity and Purity Standard. This could include:
- Senior Management
- AIMS Team Leader
- Members of the AIMS team
- Technical Managers
- Supplier Assurance Managers
- Product Development and Innovation Managers
- Production and Operations Managers
The AIMS team leader must be able to demonstrate that they possess a certificate of achievement for CAPS-Basic.
This training is interactive and contains both text and videos. You will require the capacity to view streaming videos and speakers/headphones to listen to voice-overs.
All other technological requirements can be found by clicking here.